Alden Roofing is proud to announce that we are officially a Voluntary Licensed Roofing Contractor in the State of Texas as of October 2015. To date, the State does not have any licensing requirements for Roofing Contractors. However, we have tested through the Roofing Contractors Association of Texas to voluntarily obtain our license.
The Roofing Contractors Association of Texas Licensed Roofing Contractor program was developed to increase consumer protection and secure public confidence in the roofing industry by elevating the roofing contractor’s knowledge, skills and professionalism through voluntary self-regulation.
The guidelines to obtain this license are as follows and are in place to protect you, the consumer:
- Company domiciled in the State of Texas for at least 3 continuous years immediately prior to the date of application.
- Have a fixed address with a physical location
- 3 Credit references verified
- 4 Business references verified
- Evidence of financial responsibility verified
- Company Liability Insurance verified
- Pass the business and safety exam
- Pass the residential roofing exam
- 8 hours of continuing education yearly to renew
To see our License Information and learn more about what the association does for the roofing industry in Texas please click here!